I love finding easy and simple recipes from different books, websites etc.. When I saw this one for roasted asparagus I had to give it a try. I just love vegetables but asparagus is not one of my favorite vegetables, so I was curious to see how this would come out, and wow it was delicious!!
- 1 pound whole wheat pasta
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh chives
- 1 (4-ounce) container crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Add pasta to a large pot of boiling water and cook for about 10-12 minutes until al dente. Drain in a strainer and let cool.
- Slice asparagus at an angle into 1/2-inch pieces. Place the asparagus on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Place in oven and roast for 10-15 minutes, until slightly tender. Remove and let cool.
- In a small bowl, combine shallot, garlic, mustard, lemon zest (very little), lemon juice, and red pepper flakes. Whisk in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add chives at the end.
- In another bowl, add pasta and roasted asparagus mix together. Then drizzle with dressing and toss. Add the crumbled goat cheese, toss, and serve.
I hope you guys give this recipe a try. Let me know what you think 🙂
Love Your Body
Live a Healthy Life….