I loves bananas and I add them every single day to my protein shake. Bananas are high in fiber, Vitamin B6, and C. They are also loaded with potassium, low in fat and sodium. So when I saw this recipe I had to try it.
Preparation of this recipe is easy and it takes about an hr or so, give or take a few minutes depending on your oven to cook. This recipe is great to eat for breakfast with some low fat pb and natural fruit spread, or as a dessert.
2 ripe bananas
1 apple, peeled and diced
2/3 cup organic brown sugar)
1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a nine-inch loaf pan.
2. In a medium sized bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Then add the apples cut up and mashed with masher until well mixed together.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well ( I used my hands) to mix ingredients. Pour into greased pan
4. Bake for about 45 minutes to 1 hour until cooked. Check with toothpick, making sure when toothpick is pulled out its clean.
5. When done, cool for about 15 minutes on cooling rack and serve.
This serves about 8 people and less than 200 calories per slice.
Love Your Body
Live a Healthy Life…
I love finding easy and simple recipes from different books, websites etc.. When I saw this one for roasted asparagus I had to give it a try. I just love vegetables but asparagus is not one of my favorite vegetables, so I was curious to see how this would come out, and wow it was delicious!!
- 1 pound whole wheat pasta
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh chives
- 1 (4-ounce) container crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Add pasta to a large pot of boiling water and cook for about 10-12 minutes until al dente. Drain in a strainer and let cool.
- Slice asparagus at an angle into 1/2-inch pieces. Place the asparagus on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Place in oven and roast for 10-15 minutes, until slightly tender. Remove and let cool.
- In a small bowl, combine shallot, garlic, mustard, lemon zest (very little), lemon juice, and red pepper flakes. Whisk in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add chives at the end.
- In another bowl, add pasta and roasted asparagus mix together. Then drizzle with dressing and toss. Add the crumbled goat cheese, toss, and serve.
I hope you guys give this recipe a try. Let me know what you think 🙂
Love Your Body
Live a Healthy Life….
18 dry jumbo pasta shells (whole wheat if you can find)
10 oz frozen chopped spinach. thawed and drained
8 0z of fat free cottage cheese
1/2 cup of low fat ricotta cheese
1 cup shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 tsp oregano
2 cups of marinara sauce…divided
non-stick olive oil spray
1/8 black pepper
1. Cook pasta shells according to package directions and drain and set aside. Add a few drops of oilive oil to prevent pasta from sticking while set aside. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly coat baking pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add spinach, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese and oregano, basil and black pepper.
3. Pour 1 cup of marinara sauce into baking pan
4. Stuff each individual shell with a heaping tablespoon of filling and place in pan. Pour remaining sauce on top and topped with extra mozzarella cheese.
*Adding extra mozzarella cheese is optional
5. Cook for about 30-35 minutes. When done serve and enjoy.
*serving for 6 people
280 calories per serving size
Who’s interested in changing their lives for the best and charge of their health? I just wanted you to know that I’ll be doing my second (2nd) 30 Day Healthier You Beachbody Challenge starting Thursday December 1st, 2011.looking for at least 5 people, maximum 10 people that’s ready to change their lives for the best and eliminate all excuses.
I’m looking for serious, focus and committed people. For people that’s tired of complaining. For people that has talked about loosing weight, but haven’t done anything about it. Im looking for the one that’s ready to take that step and get moving, learn how to eat healthy, workout smart, efficient and step away from doing the norm. Are you that person??
I’ll be your own personal online coach/trainer. I am 100% committed in helping you achieve your goals and I’ll be there with you every step of the way, guiding you along.
So if you think you’re ready for this challenge, message me and I’ll send you more info. You can also go ahead and place your ORDER for your challenge pack at http://www.beachbodycoach.com/eatrainer2
*click the Beachbody challenge link on the right side of website
* fill out info needed
* pick what pack/workout DVD you want and choose what flavor shakeology
It takes about 3 days for package and shakeology to come in the mail, so order with enough time for package to arrive on time for Day One of challenge
Hope you come on board and join me in this challenge 🙂
This is an easy and simple recipe to do.
1.Ready made whole wheat pizza dough
2. 4-5 Portabella mushrooms (sliced)
3. 1 medium tomatoes (sliced)
4. 2 slices of pineapple (sliced)
5. 1/2 medium size orange sweet peppers (sliced)
6. 1/2 medium size yellow sweet peppers (sliced)
7. 1/2 small red onions (sliced)
8. 1/4 cup tomato sauce or organic pasta sauce
9. 1/2 cup of low fat cheese
10. 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (optional)
In a large baking dish or a pizza pan place olive oil so pizza don’t stick. If you’re using a non stick baking pan/dish you don’t have to use oil.
Flatten out pizza dough in a circle on baking pan/dish etc and then place tomato sauce and spread all over. Next place all vegetable ingredients onto pizza dough. Top it off with cheese.
Before placing pizza in oven make sure that oven was pre heated at 350-400 degrees F for about 10 mins..
Place pizza in oven and bake for about 35-45 mins.
When done take out of oven..cool for a few mins and then serve and enjoy…