I loves bananas and I add them every single day to my protein shake. Bananas are high in fiber, Vitamin B6, and C. They are also loaded with potassium, low in fat and sodium. So when I saw this recipe I had to try it.
Preparation of this recipe is easy and it takes about an hr or so, give or take a few minutes depending on your oven to cook. This recipe is great to eat for breakfast with some low fat pb and natural fruit spread, or as a dessert.
2 ripe bananas
1 apple, peeled and diced
2/3 cup organic brown sugar)
1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a nine-inch loaf pan.
2. In a medium sized bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Then add the apples cut up and mashed with masher until well mixed together.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well ( I used my hands) to mix ingredients. Pour into greased pan
4. Bake for about 45 minutes to 1 hour until cooked. Check with toothpick, making sure when toothpick is pulled out its clean.
5. When done, cool for about 15 minutes on cooling rack and serve.
This serves about 8 people and less than 200 calories per slice.
Love Your Body
Live a Healthy Life…