I love finding easy and simple recipes from different books, websites etc.. When I saw this one for roasted asparagus I had to give it a try. I just love vegetables but asparagus is not one of my favorite vegetables, so I was curious to see how this would come out, and wow it was delicious!!
- 1 pound whole wheat pasta
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh chives
- 1 (4-ounce) container crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Add pasta to a large pot of boiling water and cook for about 10-12 minutes until al dente. Drain in a strainer and let cool.
- Slice asparagus at an angle into 1/2-inch pieces. Place the asparagus on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Place in oven and roast for 10-15 minutes, until slightly tender. Remove and let cool.
- In a small bowl, combine shallot, garlic, mustard, lemon zest (very little), lemon juice, and red pepper flakes. Whisk in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add chives at the end.
- In another bowl, add pasta and roasted asparagus mix together. Then drizzle with dressing and toss. Add the crumbled goat cheese, toss, and serve.
I hope you guys give this recipe a try. Let me know what you think 🙂
Love Your Body
Live a Healthy Life….
18 dry jumbo pasta shells (whole wheat if you can find)
10 oz frozen chopped spinach. thawed and drained
8 0z of fat free cottage cheese
1/2 cup of low fat ricotta cheese
1 cup shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 tsp oregano
2 cups of marinara sauce…divided
non-stick olive oil spray
1/8 black pepper
1. Cook pasta shells according to package directions and drain and set aside. Add a few drops of oilive oil to prevent pasta from sticking while set aside. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly coat baking pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add spinach, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese and oregano, basil and black pepper.
3. Pour 1 cup of marinara sauce into baking pan
4. Stuff each individual shell with a heaping tablespoon of filling and place in pan. Pour remaining sauce on top and topped with extra mozzarella cheese.
*Adding extra mozzarella cheese is optional
5. Cook for about 30-35 minutes. When done serve and enjoy.
*serving for 6 people
280 calories per serving size
Makes about 12 (2 inch brownies)
*Olive oil spray for pan
*2/3 cup of agave
*1/3 cup pf natural, unsweetened cocoa powder
*1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
*1/4 teaspoon of aluminum free baking powder
*1/4 teaspoon baking soda
*1/4 teaspoon salt (I used Himalayan salt)
*1/2 unsweetened apple sauce
*2 tablespoon of olive oil
*1 large egg (at room temperature)
*3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Pre-heat oven 350 degrees and spray 8 inch square pan with olive oil and set aside.
Place honey in a large glass measuring cup. Microwave on high power for about 60 seconds. Dont want honey to be bubbling. Add cocoa powder and stir until ingredients well combined. Set aside. Let cool at room temperature.
Next in a small bowl, place flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and whisk until ingredients well combined. Now in a large bowl, combine applesauce, oil, egg and vanilla. Whisk together until smooth. Add the flour mixture to the liquid and stir/whisk until completely combined with no traces of flour. Place mix ingredients into baking pan and place into oven. Cook for about 20-25 minutes. When done insert toothpick making sure that brownie is moist and cooked.
*For garnish I warmed up some frozen berries and added agave for taste..Then drizzled over brownie..DELISH!!
Slice and enjoy…Store brownie in fridge in container for about 3 days. Even though I know it wont last that long 🙂