I love finding easy and simple recipes from different books, websites etc.. When I saw this one for roasted asparagus I had to give it a try. I just love vegetables but asparagus is not one of my favorite vegetables, so I was curious to see how this would come out, and wow it was delicious!!
- 1 pound whole wheat pasta
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed
- Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh chives
- 1 (4-ounce) container crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Add pasta to a large pot of boiling water and cook for about 10-12 minutes until al dente. Drain in a strainer and let cool.
- Slice asparagus at an angle into 1/2-inch pieces. Place the asparagus on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Place in oven and roast for 10-15 minutes, until slightly tender. Remove and let cool.
- In a small bowl, combine shallot, garlic, mustard, lemon zest (very little), lemon juice, and red pepper flakes. Whisk in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add chives at the end.
- In another bowl, add pasta and roasted asparagus mix together. Then drizzle with dressing and toss. Add the crumbled goat cheese, toss, and serve.
I hope you guys give this recipe a try. Let me know what you think 🙂
Love Your Body
Live a Healthy Life….
Posted in Health and Nutrition, Recipes
- Tagged asparagus, dinner, greens, healthy, lunch, onions, pasta, recipe, roasted asparagus, Salad, Vegetables, whole wheat pasta
Well in case you didn’t know pizza is one of my favorite things to eat once in a while, but as always I try and take some of my favorite meals and make them healthier.
This is an easy and simple recipe to do.
1.Ready made whole wheat pizza dough
2. 4-5 Portabella mushrooms (sliced)
3. 1 medium tomatoes (sliced)
4. 2 slices of pineapple (sliced)
5. 1/2 medium size orange sweet peppers (sliced)
6. 1/2 medium size yellow sweet peppers (sliced)
7. 1/2 small red onions (sliced)
8. 1/4 cup tomato sauce or organic pasta sauce
9. 1/2 cup of low fat cheese
10. 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (optional)
In a large baking dish or a pizza pan place olive oil so pizza don’t stick. If you’re using a non stick baking pan/dish you don’t have to use oil.
Flatten out pizza dough in a circle on baking pan/dish etc and then place tomato sauce and spread all over. Next place all vegetable ingredients onto pizza dough. Top it off with cheese.
Before placing pizza in oven make sure that oven was pre heated at 350-400 degrees F for about 10 mins..
Place pizza in oven and bake for about 35-45 mins.
When done take out of oven..cool for a few mins and then serve and enjoy…
I enjoy making my own version of home-made breakfast potatoes and adding sweet potatoes gives it a lil kick, and it tastes GREAT! Hope you guys give it a try and enjoy.
3 small or medium red potatoes (cut in cubes)
1 medium size sweet potato (cut in cubes)
1 medium onion (sliced)
3 cloves of garlic (chopped finely)
2 tbsp of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
Himalayan salt, oregano and black pepper to taste
In a medium size pot filled with water add potatoes and sweet potatoes and let boil and cook for about 12 to 15 minutes. In a wok or pot ( I used a wok ) add the oilve oil, onion and garlic and let cook for a few minutes. Once the potatoes and sweet potato is ready, drain water out and add to wok. Let cook for about 3-5 minutes before flipping over…you want the potatoes to gain some color and get brown. Add salt, oregano and black pepper to taste.
*sorry my camera was acting up dont know why the date is showing Jan 08 😦
I love pasta and I was in the mood to cook it today. This is a delicious and healthy recipe I found and hope that you guys try it and enjoy…
16 oz box whole wheat fettuccini or linguine
12 oz baby portabella mushrooms (sliced)
4 tbsp olive oil
1 large shallot or you can use a regular onion (medium size)
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup low fat sour cream
1/2cup vegetable broth
salt and black pepper to taste
1 ½ tsp truffle oil
1/2 cup fresh parsley (for garnish)
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
Bring pasta water to a boil, seasoned with salt. Cook for about 10 minutes. In nonstick pan, I used a Wok, over high heat spread out the mushrooms and the shallots with 2 tablespoons of oil. Sauté for approximately 5 minutes without touching or moving the mushrooms.
Then flip them over and leave them sautéing for another 5 minutes. Dont add salt of anything to mushrooms. It makes them soggy and rubbery. You want it to brown and cook on one side before flipping them along with the shallots/onions. With tongs, remove pasta from water and add then to the shallots and mushrooms and toss thoroughly. Then add butter, low-fat sour cream, and vegetable broth, remaining olive oil, salt, pepper and truffle oil. Again, toss thoroughly. Top with parmesan to taste and sprinkle parsley on top