18 dry jumbo pasta shells (whole wheat if you can find)
10 oz frozen chopped spinach. thawed and drained
8 0z of fat free cottage cheese
1/2 cup of low fat ricotta cheese
1 cup shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 tsp oregano
2 cups of marinara sauce…divided
non-stick olive oil spray
1/8 black pepper
1. Cook pasta shells according to package directions and drain and set aside. Add a few drops of oilive oil to prevent pasta from sticking while set aside. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly coat baking pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add spinach, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese and oregano, basil and black pepper.
3. Pour 1 cup of marinara sauce into baking pan
4. Stuff each individual shell with a heaping tablespoon of filling and place in pan. Pour remaining sauce on top and topped with extra mozzarella cheese.
*Adding extra mozzarella cheese is optional
5. Cook for about 30-35 minutes. When done serve and enjoy.
*serving for 6 people
280 calories per serving size